A brunch favorite! Impress your friends with this original breakfast inspiration.
- 8- 10 slices bacon
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup KNOW Better syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 waffles
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Two red peppers
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 10×6-inch (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray.
- Toast waffles in a toaster to a light brown, then cut into 1-inch squares.
- Chop green onions and cut red peppers into thin slices.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks, salt, milk, whipping cream, syrup and vanilla with whisk until well combined. Carefully stir in waffle pieces, red peppers, green onions, and bacon until evenly coated. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour mixture into baking dish; press down with back of spoon. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, removing foil during last 10 minutes of baking, until you can slice cleanly with a knife. Brush top with melted butter. Cut into squares; serve warm.